Strips and Sprouts @ the Firehouse!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Got the call again tonight..."Hey we're doing steaks tonight at the firehouse...come on and eat...don't bring nothin."

OK...I'm there!

N.Y. Strips were on sale. The guys bought me a steak and picked up the fixins...

the brussel sprouts...S,P, EVOO inda oven @375*F for 15 minutes. Then the pepper jelly glaze..
IMG_20220802_180112.jpg

Bacon crumbles..
IMG_20220802_180154.jpg

IMG_20220802_180159.jpg

and feta cheese..
IMG_20220802_180234.jpg

Back in the oven another 15 minutes or so...

The strips..
IMG_20220802_181311.jpg

IMG_20220802_181316.jpg

The Plate with Caesar salad...
IMG_20220802_181943.jpg

Reactions: bauchjw
You know steaks are always a hit with e but I gotta say, those sprouts really get my attention. Our nephew makes a similar dish for our family holiday meals that's very similar to yours but he uses butter and does not add the feta. I love your idea!!

Robert

Wow that’s one heck of a nice dinner!

I do a lot of sprouts, mainly roasted with salt and pepper, but I just have to try them with the pepper jelly and feta cheese. It looks and sounds delicious and something new for me, that will get done for sure!

looks like a most excellent chow line.

Point for sure
Chris

Nice meal for sure. Looks delicious.
Thanks SE!

Beautiful looking plate, thanks for sharing!
Thanks tbern!

You know steaks are always a hit with e but I gotta say, those sprouts really get my attention. Our nephew makes a similar dish for our family holiday meals that's very similar to yours but he uses butter and does not add the feta. I love your idea!!

Robert
Thanks Robert! Give it a go....we love sprouts done this way.

Wow that’s one heck of a nice dinner!

I do a lot of sprouts, mainly roasted with salt and pepper, but I just have to try them with the pepper jelly and feta cheese. It looks and sounds delicious and something new for me, that will get done for sure!
Thanks ray!

looks like a most excellent chow line.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris!

Looks yummy!

- Jason
Thanks Jason!

Reactions: millerbuilds
That's one fine meal! I do a lot of sprouts, usually steamed or micro, I'm loving that oven method! Looks like a great way to make use of my bacon scraps, gotta give it a shot. RAY

Looks like another fine dining night at the firehouse. Wish we had that kind of chow when I worked at the firehouse but then there was only 2 of us on per shift per station we did have a grill and fixed some meals on it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky