Stress Relief

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RiversideSm0ker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
Riverside, Cal
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share a bit and try to de-stress after a nine hour shift on my day off. I’m not sure I have shared that I work for my local county in the IT department. More often than not what I do at work doesn’t feel like it has any impact past the person I’m standing in front of. With everything going on there are thousands of workers on staff that have been sent home that have to keep the gears of public service turning. I spoke to a doctor and two separate police officers today. I spent it fielding calls at the Helpdesk where I haven’t worked for almost ten years now. The doctor couldn’t treat patients until I did my job. It was kind of sobering to realize what I do actually matters and is part of broader network of fabric that holds together our fragile society. I want to thank each and every person that puts it on the line every day in whatever way that puts you directly in harms way. Thank you for being braver than I will ever be. I need a break this weekend. My plan begins tomorrow with a seven pound pork butt. I’ve got some pecan and cherry wood to fill the air with that delicious scent of my favorite barbecue. God bless you all my friends. Good night.
G

You have my appreciation, thanks and sympathy! My wife work sin IT for our states largest hospital organization. She is working 16 hrs a day with no relief in sight. Every time I say something, she reminds me how important this fight is.
Front line or not, all of you folks are appreciated and prayed for.
Now, go enjoy some butt!

The doctor couldn’t treat patients until I did my job. It was kind of sobering to realize what I do actually matters and is part of broader network of fabric that holds together our fragile society.

My wife work sin IT for our states largest hospital organization. She is working 16 hrs a day with no relief in sight

Beautiful and inspiring post. With commentary like that I'll read your de-stressing posts all day long. What I do unfortunately does not carry that same direct impact that yours does but please know that you and everybody like you has my deepest respect and appreciation. With so many people being sent home the infrastructure is being handled by a much depleted workforce so the responsibilities are huge for the few that are left working. I couldn't even imagine....doing the work of 5 or more people with minimal resources available is a monumental task. Please accept a big THANK YOU from me!!

Robert

Reactions: Will Squared
A big thank you to you RiversideSm0ker RiversideSm0ker for the work you do! And to all the others whether they are on the front lines, the sidelines or wherever. I'm sure many people myself included don't always stop to think of all the people it takes to keep things working, especially during a crisis. So to you and all others who are working hard and putting in extra hours...a big thank you!

Ryan

Reactions: Will Squared
Being a "essential" is a blessing in disguise. We have to keep the wheels turning. But we are doing this at risk. I think it is great that some companies are giving their people hazard pay. Both my wife and myself are considered essentials. I'm in the food and beverage category. And my wife is in the medical field. I want to give a big shout out to all of that are going about your duties at risk.

A Huge " THANK YOU " to all that are keeping the wheels turning during this terrible situation. " STAY SAFE " and God Bless. . .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky