Strawberry and Blueberry Wine Updates

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Blueberry over a year old now and Wow! Pretty awesome stuff. Strawberry coming up on a year. I tasted at 3 months and was not sure about this one. This the first time since then I tasted and it turned out wonderful! These wines really need to age for a year. They both fermented very dry but I been adding some sugar to the bottle few days before drinking them. To bring out the fruit flavors they need some sweetness. Been working on some flavored spirits and friends seem to be really enjoy them. Recently did Peach and also Hazelnut.

IMG_20230324_133054703.jpg IMG_20230324_134250151.jpg

I really love these bottles. Makes it so easy

IMG_20230324_134310952.jpg

Here are the links where I started them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marknmd and chopsaw
Looking great! Love making fruit wines. Since I am retired now I have lots of time to go picking whatever I can find. Made strawberry, apple,rhubarb, raspberry, choke cherry(favorite ),elderberry, cranberry, coffee and others single fruit and combination. And grape when I can get some. This pandemic was disrupting the delivery of wine grapes. Am in 3rd.year without. Had to resort to making kits or go thirsty . Good luck with your projects.

Ch
Looking great! Love making fruit wines. Since I am retired now I have lots of time to go picking whatever I can find. Made strawberry, apple,rhubarb, raspberry, choke cherry(favorite ),elderberry, cranberry, coffee and others single fruit and combination. And grape when I can get some. This pandemic was disrupting the delivery of wine grapes. Am in 3rd.year without. Had to resort to making kits or go thirsty . Good luck with your projects.
Choke Cherry sounds interesting as do others. I did those kits years ago but they pretty pricey now. I got cherry on deck for my next spirit.

I get pick the choke cherrys when I take my dogs out to the park. ( 160 acres half field and others wooded with trails all over. Couple of years ago managed to pick little over 70 lbs. Other years it's a competition with the birds. You get what you get. Made some dandelion wine before but find myself short of patience.lol.it did turned out good though.

Looks good Brian.
Got a choke cherry tree in yard. Have made jelly and syrup in past years. May look into the making of wine :emoji_thinking:

Sounds really good Brian!
Bet that choke cherry would be good! A friend makes wine, awhile back he made some crushed cranberry... the leftover solids in bottom of carboy make a great topping for pancakes or French toast. Jam consistency at about 18 %.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky