Storing half-done ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

keywesmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 24, 2007
key west, fl
I'm 30 minutes away from the end of my 3 hour smoke, doing two racks of spares 321 style. Has anyone stopped at this point and "held" the ribs for the next day? Or should I go ahead and do the next 2 hr. foil bake and THEN stop.....and how to wrap them up? Thank you

IMHO I would not stop at this point, never mind food saftey issues, I don't think you would turn out good ribs. I think stopping now and refrigerating ,then trying to continue the process would result in dried out ribs....just my two cents worth.....

More beer!!! sleep is for sissie's
icon_eek.gif
at least take it to the third stage, keep em in the foil (hold the juice n moisture) u can reheat in the foil and then maybe set the bark on the grill real quick, good luck either way (now all of a sudden ribs sound real good!!!)

I foiled and baked the ribs for the 2 hour 225F stage, then wrapped them with another layer of foil, put them in the fridge and went to sleep. Today I pulled them out, they were quite stiff and had a waxy fat on them. I put them on the smoker for an hour, just as the 321 states, and they came out great! In fact, the racks could not be picked up with tongs without breaking in half and bones falling off. Dee-lish.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky