Stop The Madness!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alra195

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 17, 2008
Southwest Ohio
The wife and kids went out of town for the weekend so I had to go to the local grocery for a few supplies to get me through my bachlor weekend. As I'm cruising down the meat aisle what do I behold? A gaint stack of pork ribs on sale for $1.49/lb. Now that's not the cheapest price but it's the cheapest I've seen this year so I load up the cart with all but two small packs. As I'm standing there one of the store employees comes by and asks if I need any help (well the clinical answer is "yes"), anyway I ask if he has any more ribs and he returns with a five more packs to restock the section I've decimated. As he's putting them in I'm taking them out just as fast. Finally, the clerk askes if I'm going to leave any for other customers, while I felt a little greedy, I had no intention of leaving any of these fine pork products behind. 50 lbs later I'm home and getting ready to process my stash.

My new GOSM is seasoning even as we speak and as soon as I get done here I'm off to select a rake of ribs for tomorrows smoke test of the new unit and package up the rest for when the family returns and I can get to some serious smoking.

I'm in hog heavey right know!

your out of control..lol..

I think this affliction happens to even the most senoir members. but by the time they reach there status..they are cooking for every one in their county.lol.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Somehow I get the feeling you are like a lot of the forum members and have or will in the near future have 2 freezers? More power to you; if you were doing something wrong; your wife would have told you; not someone in the meat aisle. Semper Fi.
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

Hey, there are a LOT of worse things to be addicted to. He chooses pork. I support him!!!!

I'm having the same problem right now but its with .99 a cent butts and they take up alot more room
biggrin.gif

no prob-I did the same this Am with babybacks and spares-gas going up and food -get it cheap when u can.

I would've done the same thing. Get it while the gettin's good!! Heck, i've been known to buy 7 or 8 turkeys at a time when they go on really big sale!

I hope you are not going to try to smoke all 50 lbs at once, not sure it will all fit in your smoker....lol.
Great find. Gotta snag up the good deals when you can. Looking forward to seeing the posts of the smoked ribs.

The last store employee that tried that statement with me got told in a polite way ta buzz off, my words were, "well, why don't you go get yer manager an we will ask him if it's a problem", feller never came back. Ifin they wan't they'll put a limit sign up on what ya can buy, otherwise, they are there ta sell food! No different then here when we lost our fresh water treatment plant, never a limit on the water, buy all ya wan't as the prices started ta creep up!

I was at the new Publix a few weeks ago. And they had picnics on sale for .89 a lb. I knew that I only had room for one in my freezer.... so I bought two.

Greg

I would do the same. It blows me away how cheap you guys can get your meat. I can't even order it wholesale for our shop for the prices you guys buy it on the shelf. Either way i'm guilty i run two freezers and the one on my fridge and they are both very big.

Figured I have sympathetic ears here! The body count was 11 racks of ribs averaging about 4.5 lbs each. Ten went to the freezer. One's out in the GOSM about 25 mins into the process. I gave it a thin coat of mustard and rub last night and wraped it. Looked good even before it his the smoker!

My wife's got the camera in PA this weekend so no chance for any qview this go around.

Thank's very one for the moral support and Happy Fathers Day to you all.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky