Stick blender

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Well, my 30 year young cheap immersion blender started making grinding noises and getting hot while using it yesterday on a batch of ham and bean soup. Came out great by the way. Haven't made that in who knows how long ago.
Anyway, I decided to go with the KitchenAid 3 speed model. It came with some accessories I don't really need. But, I might use them anyways. The 3 speeds will come in handy. My old one was a single speed and at times was just too fast.
61ZRiQScWrL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I'll add my thoughts when I receive it.

Well, my 30 year young cheap immersion blender started making grinding noises and getting hot while using it yesterday on a batch of ham and bean soup. Came out great by the way. Haven't made that in who knows how long ago.
Anyway, I decided to go with the KitchenAid 3 speed model. It came with some accessories I don't really need. But, I might use them anyways. The 3 speeds will come in handy. My old one was a single speed and at times was just too fast.
View attachment 412246

I'll add my thoughts when I receive it.
Nice addition!

Mine is close to 15 years old and was low end when we bought it, is that 1 corded? will be watching for a review soon thanks

I was thinking about this tool for some time already.... A lot of them to choose from. Waiting for your feedback, Steve... KitchenAid is a pretty reputable brand though. I know it can be used for many applications but what do you use it for primerely?

I was thinking about this tool for some time already.... A lot of them to choose from. Waiting for your feedback, Steve... KitchenAid is a pretty reputable brand though. I know it can be used for many applications but what do you use it for primerely?

I'll be using it mostly for blending/emulsifying food while it is cooking or already in a pot. There are cheaper ones out there. But I went with KitchenAide because of their reputation. The chopper attachment I could live without. I just bought a 4 cup Cuisinart on sale. But, the whisk attachment looks interesting.

I have a Bamix 2 speed. They are a little more expensive but it can puree 2 quarts of tomatoes into soup in a couple of minutes without getting stressed.

I've got a Cuisinart I picked up at Costco. The whisk attachment sure is nice for mixing brines. Sugar and salt dissolve fast!

Reactions: Steve H
Got it today.

PB260096.jpg

PB260097.jpg

Out of the box. Seems well made and sturdy enough. I was hoping that would be the case due to its manufacture.

PB260098.jpg

Immersion blender attached. Ran it through the 3 speeds. Little vibration, seems balanced ok. I'm thinking with the 3 speeds you can have better control over what you are doing. Not like that old trolling motor I had. I attached the whisk. And works good as well. I haven't tried the chopper cup gizmo yet. But I'm certain that will do what it is intended to do. Once I give it a real world try I'll post back up with the results.

PB260099.jpg

Packed up in the included pouch. It is made from cloth with 2 compartments. Nice enough. But
I'm sure it'll get dirty quick. We'll see how well it can get cleaned when the time comes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky