Steak sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redneck5236

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 24, 2019
Just wondering what steak sauce everyone uses or have a recipe for homemade steak sauce! I rarely use steak sauce on steaks . Prefer Lea and Perins worstysause . But do use Heinz 57 and a1 on burgers . I use to love hormel old smokehouse steak sauce but they quit making it years ago it was fantastic on burgers. would love to find a copycat recipe or something close. Well let’s hear any ideas or recipes and what steak sauce you prefer. Here’s a pick of the homel sauce from olden days. Anyone remember it?

Attachments

• 33138B81-5A73-44A4-BD60-B23BE19B42CC.png
    33138B81-5A73-44A4-BD60-B23BE19B42CC.png
    943.9 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: JLeonard
We had burgers tonight... heinz 57 was pretty tasty on it! Don't use it much on steaks but once in a while... or thin steak sandwiches.

Ryan

Reactions: JLeonard
3 cups soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Warm slightly to incorporate everything. Cool in fridge and enjoy.
This also makes great jerky. Just add proper amount of cure.

I like A1 and other steak sauces as well. Not on good cuts of meat usually.

I'll use A1 or Worcestershire on lower end cuts and as a liquid for my meatloaf mix. Other than that it sits in the refridge.

Chris

We marinate in Worsty/montreal steak seasoning for a couple hours before hitting a screaming hot grill... rest in a pan topped with real butter... pour the juice in the pan back on when serving.. . YUMMMM YUMMMMM... Just did this on NY Strips last night ...

Reactions: 912smoker
Hmm... there are still some that prefer steak sauce on their steak? :emoji_thinking:
Not I! The only steaks I eat are tritip, porterhouse, and boneless ribeye cut from whole roasts by me, seasoned with S and CBP, it's all they need. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky