Steak picanha

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meatallica

Meat Mopper
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2017
Northeast, Md
Searching the meat section at Walmart this morning looking for a brisket.. no dice. They have picanha!! It was pricey at $7.25/ lb., but it was Angus, and I was hungry. Cut it in 2 -1/2 inch hunks, seasoned with just coarse sea salt.
500° direct sear then indirect to cook. I was shooting for mid-rare, but went a little over. First time cooking picanha. WOW!! Worth every penny. It was melt-in-your-mouth tender, nicely salted. That just brought out the beef flavor.
Thanks for looking

Attachments

• 20190706_154339.jpg
    20190706_154339.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20190706_161759.jpg
    20190706_161759.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 20190706_165139.jpg
    20190706_165139.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 20190706_165702.jpg
    20190706_165702.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 41
Thanks guys. I was surprised to see picanha at Walmart too. We have a Super Walmart close by in Elkton, Md and they're starting to carry some good ( and different ) cuts of meat

Thanks guys. I was surprised to see picanha at Walmart too. We have a Super Walmart close by in Elkton, Md and they're starting to carry some good ( and different ) cuts of meat

I am in Pa. Maybe I should check mine out again

Meal looks really good, white corn is a sweet corn. Its good.

Point for sure
Chris

Have to run into Wally World in the morning... I will check to see if they have this.

Thanks Chris. I see you're a Rangers fan. What do you think of the Devil's getting Simmonds and Subban?

Great looking Beef!! I always wanted to try Picanha.

Nothing wrong with that white corn. In fact when it’s in season, I prefer it since it’s more tender. My relatives that run a farm grow it and sell it at their farmers market. I think they call it sugar pearl corn?

Thanks Chris. I see you're a Rangers fan. What do you think of the Devil's getting Simmonds and Subban?

I have no problem with Simmonds he's a good pick up for one year. Subban I've never cared for his style of play. To much of a puck hog. Rangers made some good moves, hopefully they'll pan out. Between the Giants and Rangers it's been tough watching sports these past few years.

Chris

I'm a Flyers fan.. I was pi$$ed when they got rid of Simmonds. The last 10-12 years it's been Flyers trade players in bad moves or that win The Cup with other teams. Oh well

I used to like watching the flyers back when Bernie, Hammer and Bobby played. But since then I've kept my loyalties tied to the Ranger(as hard as it's been). I did root for John Leclair for a while since he's a local boy.

Chris

My uncles would go up and watch the Broad Street Bullies at the Spectrum back in the hey day. My mom actually had a stick given to her from Ross Lonsberry

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky