Steak Marinade

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fltsfshr

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 8, 2015
My favorite is soy sauce, Rainwater Madeira and garlic. 3 hr marinade & 1 hour breathing. I'll use the same liquid on Portabella mushrooms and stuff them with blue cheese. Sometime I stuff them with goat cheese and olives.

Got a favorite beef marinade you'd like to share? I make this one all the time but I'm always into something a little different.

Never heard of rainwater madeira.

I use a simple mix of:

Soy
Dark soy
garlic
Balsamic vinegar
Maggi seasoning
black pepper
Few splashes of hot sauce

If the garlic is fresh, I smash it and then rub it into the meat then pour liquid over the meat. If not, I just mix it intro the liquid.

Makes a very tasty cheese steak sandwich...

JC :emoji_cat:

Here's everything you ever wanted to know about Madeira and then some. It's a great wine for drinking and cooking with a historical past. Rainwater is a type of Madeira. I've used it for years. Best cooking wine I've ever found. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeira_wine I haven't tried Maggi seasoning with it but I will. Thanks

Reactions: JC in GB
I literally live just a few moments from Fall River Ma and Madeira is insanely cheap here. Use it for cooking when a wine is called for.

Not exactly a marinade, but I brush some Dale's steak seasoning per side, and then a rub of sea salt, greek seasoning, and Tony C's per side. Let the steak hang in the fridge for a while, and reverse sear it on the Weber. This has been my go to for years.

Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky