Steak and Taters

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Did you remember the cheese? Lol We have our spuds in the oven as we speak! Cheese is sitting on the counter

Ryan
Ummm......no sir. Had it sitting on the counter in waiting 😥
But I'm to have another chance this weekend!

And updates on yours ??

Ummm......no sir. Had it sitting on the counter in waiting 😥
But I'm to have another chance this weekend!

And updates on yours ??
20220131_182843.jpg

Ham and taters...with cheese!

20220131_183010.jpg

A full belly, and I still munched on more straight from the pan!

Ryan

Denver Steak; one of those secret Butcher cuts, huh? Never see them in the grocer, and only heard about on Bearded Butchers channel.

Reactions: 912smoker
The local Food Lion has been carrying them for a while now. I've had them a couple of times and usually around 7.99 lb. Good beefy flavor.

Keith

I see Food Lion referenced here often. I remember they had a shaky go at it here in Texas in the 90s'. One thing I remember is you had to really look at expiration dates on practical all shelf items. An article I read just now indicates that was a real issue with all products including meat. Hopefully they have overcome all those issues. Looks like they are surviving in the SE states.

Sorry for the negative post...your meal looks awesome, and I have those melting potatoes scheduled soon!

Rick

I see Food Lion referenced here often. I remember they had a shaky go at it here in Texas in the 90s'. One thing I remember is you had to really look at expiration dates on practical all shelf items. An article I read just now indicates that was a real issue with all products including meat. Hopefully they have overcome all those issues. Looks like they are surviving in the SE states.

Sorry for the negative post...your meal looks awesome, and I have those melting potatoes scheduled soon!

Rick
No worries Rick they are recently did a big buyout of the Harvey's chain here in the southern states. Clean stores but butcher on staff. I overheard the girl working in the meat department tell someone that they did not even have a bone saw in the back anymore😬

• Haha
Reactions: Cody_Mack
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky