Stasher Reusable silicone bags

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
My wife has switched us out to silicone bags for leftovers, lunch items etc. We have several brands and types.

The first round were ones that have a plastic bar you slide over the top to close. These work okay but the plastic bar can be a pita to open and close. The plus of these bags are that they can be reheated in boiling water, sous vide, microwave (with plastic bar removed) and they are dishwasher safe.

The next batch we got are silicone and have the Ziplock style closure. These work great and are easy to close. The down side is that they cannot be used to reheat and are not dishwasher safe. Also the sizes are odd.

The last one she got us is the Stasher brand. This bag has the best of both worlds. Zipper top and safe for use in microwave, sous vide, boiling water, dishwasher. Downside, expensive. I guess in the long run though if it lasts a long time It may even out to the price of plastic bags.

Even has a sous vide recipe on the packaging.

49379303397_59481d4130_c.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky