Started my first build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
lol..may need help moving the smoker after a long day...the motor may be an "option" later.
33.gif

One more question..should I paint the entire smoker in Hi Temp paint or can I get by with painting the firebox and close metal...then use regular flat black for the rest?

I know its been a while....but she is all done....

I did go back and put on a second coat on paint on,trying to get rid of the uneven paint job.

Jo, evening...  Get her broke in and take some pics of your first smoke......  She's a dandy.....   Dave

Looking good. I used black stove paint on my fire box and high temp engine paint on the rest. Mine is a bright yellow fading in to dark red on the lower parts. I wanted something other than black all over.

how do you like the toggle clamp on the cook chamber and the fire box? I was thinking of using them too.

how do you like the toggle clamp on the cook chamber and the fire box? I was thinking of using them too.
I love the toggle clamps..I cut down a closet rod and drilled it out to fit over the clamp handles on the fire box.It is easier to open and close now.

Then we started the build.

I wish I would have taken into consideration the metal  thickness when cutting out the firebox pieces.It would have saved alot of "quality" time spent on making it right
b6a26085_smoker004.jpg
ac2be305_smoker001.jpg
033de15a_smoker002.jpg
Starting to make progress..slow going but trying to make it right....then the door decides to warp alittle...grrr
bfdb8785_smoker013.jpg
guess I will have to make some sort of seal...unless the latches I have will put enough pressure on the door to close it tightly.. OH YEAH..The three holes..I think I will weld pieces of 1 inch pipe to them.Then build a warming/cooking box on top of the firebox.I will either use ball valves or regular screw on caps to regulate airflow into warmer
Great work done man. Keep the good work going.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky