St Louis Rib smoke with Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slimc

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 24, 2014
Bensalem pa
I decided to throw on 2 racks of st louis ribs on this weekend, here's what I did and the results were pretty good. If I could change anything I would spray them more after the bark starts hardening, there were a few spots where the meat was dried out on the outside, but tender on the inside so I am happy with the results. I cooked with oak and some cherry.

1 hour before putting on ribs I start my fire with lump coal and some wood

Rub (I double this amount)

2.5-Tbsp Brown sugar
1/4-Tbsp Salt
1/4-Tbsp Garlic powder
1/4-Tbsp 1/4 Tbsp Cumin
1-Tbsp cajun seasoning
1/4 Tbsp Dry mustard
1/4 Tbsp Pepper

1. remove silver skin, cut off large strips of fat I know won't render

2. cover lightly in yellow mustard

3. evenly apply rub

4. put in smoker at 250 degrees

5. after 2 hours spray with apple cider vinegar and water mixture every half hour

6. after about 3 1/2 to 4 hours, pull off smoker, rub in butter, wrap in foil

7. put back in smoker for 2 1/2 hours

8. pull from smoker, apply bbq sauce of your choice (I used sweet baby rays) and put back on smoker with no more wood on fire

9. let sit in smoker while it rests for 1 hour

10. pull, cut and serve immediately

after 2 hours:

apply butter:

Add bbq sauce and back on for an hour:

Last edited:
Reactions: seenred
Very nice looking ribs! The last ribs I did were good but I found things I want to tweek a little as well. Im still working on getting good consistent temps. Getting there though! Once again, VERY nice looking ribs! 

Great, detailed post!  The ribs look delicious...nicely done!  I'd tear into some of those!

points.gif

A job well done!

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky