Spit Roasted Prime Sirloin Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You got electric blankets as a kid?!!
I think we were still using those dang scratchy Army blankets. We did get a top sheet so I had that going for me, which is nice!
It is 20 here this morning so I wouldn't be doing any outdoor cooking either!
I didn't say I had one as a kid I said crawling under one makes me smile like a kid:emoji_thumbsup:

LOL, gotcha.
I still remember getting up in the middle of the night and nudging the thermostat a little
and grabbing that top sheet off my bed and huddling by the vent in the bathroom!
brrr.....
When I was a kid we had steam radiators that would whistle through the pressure relief valves when the steam was rolling - when they worked...

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
8-pounds 0.06-ounces - in the fridge dry-brining. The rest got sliced into very thick steaks, wrapped in pink butcher paper, sealed in Zip locks freezer bags with the air sucked out, and are in the freezer.

I was a bit generous with the salt, but not overly, considering the size of the roast and the method of cooking. We'll see how it turns out!

IMG_1417.JPG

Well - I took of bunch of in-progress iPhone videos but I have no idea how to rotate them :emoji_rage:

Nevertheless, the roast came out pretty fargin good! Very tender and very tasty!!! Total time on the spit was 3-hours 20-minutes

IMG_1445.png

And this is a photo of it on the spit over the coals about 1/2 to 2/3's of the way through - I only have one fork (2-more ordered and on the way) so I used the accessory that is intended for a pigs feet to keep the roast from walking during the cook though in hindsight I probably could have skipped it.

IMG_1439.png

A superb roast and a superb way to cook it!

That looks superb!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan.

It came out very good for my first time ever spit-roasting anything over coals and the rotisserie itself just ran flawlessly - it is going to make fantastic chickens when the additional forks get here.

I think that next time I spit roast a beef I might crank up the heat or run the rotisserie rod a notch lower (closer to the heat) to get a better crust, but as far as tender beef I've never had sirloin, top or otherwise, that tender.

Well I'd say you nailed that . It looks fantastic . Inside and out . Nice work bud .
Thank you, sir! It is going on the slicer today and being gifted as sandwich meat to a couple friends - no way I can eat that whole thing myself! :emoji_laughing:

Sliced and packaged for distribution - leanest pack lower right for picky friend! Other packs people can trim fat themselves if they are picky.

So unbelievably tender and great tasting way beyond my expectations even after eating some yesterday. I am speechless. The best sandwich roast beef I ever tasted.

Sirloin sliced.jpg

I am curious now - I may try to spit roast a whole prime chuck and maybe the long low and slow cook will be a success. I love the strong beef flavor of chuck - love me some chuck eye steaks - and I have had some success grilling a prime chuck roast over very hot coals for about 10-minutes per side, giving it a good char, and then wrapping it in foil and leaving it on the counter for an hour - but it depends on the actual piece of meat. I'm going to check the prices for a whole prime chuck and go from there.

Really impressed with how tender this sirloin turned out on the spit.

Reactions: chopsaw
Sliced and packaged for distribution - leanest pack lower right for picky friend! Other packs people can trim fat themselves if they are picky.

So unbelievably tender and great tasting way beyond my expectations even after eating some yesterday. I am speechless. The best sandwich roast beef I ever tasted.

View attachment 652435
My address is...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky