spatching a bone in breast?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
Hey All,

I got an organic whole bone in turkey breast for turkey day. I thought I was gonna get two halves but that's because I was probably drinking when I bought it LOL O.o .... My question is organic so I should brine and can I still spatch it with no wings and legs? I saw a kinders turkey kit with bag brine and buttery bird rub on amazon for $11 so I snatched a few of those up

Reactions: JLeonard
There is absolutely no reason you can't spatch with the legs and wings removed. Brining would be a plus if it hasn't been already pumped.

Reactions: negolien
There is absolutely no reason you can't spatch with the legs and wings removed. Brining would be a plus if it hasn't been already pumped.
Yeah the site doesn't say for the big one where as the boneless roast I got said it had a 20% solution. I would assume organic means no brine. Thanks for the post I think I will spatach it and brine it. Lookin forward to trying the kinders bird buttery rub as I like the buttery steak rub from them

The "organic" label pisses me off. Often very misleading to your product.

Organic does not mean it wasn't pumped without salt. Check the label before adding more salt
will do..

PS

It's 6 percent water and says with ribs back and wing portions removed.. It's the ones from wild forks.. Looks good. I got foil roasting pans. I'll just decide if I' am gonna spatch or pan when I thaw it unless someone's done one of these from WF's before.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky