Spares Done and my best ever!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
very nice looking Ribs indeed! and my favorite way to do them.
I did my last baby back the same way except I added a little spiced rum to the apple juice spray. love dem bones !

Now those are some fine looking ribs...

points.gif

Excellent !
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

You can't make 'em look any better that that.
Wish I had a taste!
Well worth some------>>
points.gif

Thanks for showing,
Bearcarver

Any chance of getting a step-by-step?

Very good job
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Share a couple more details if you can... 5hrs, no foil, at what temp? Did you have a water pan going?

Smoked at 225, no water pan they were in my uds. very easy just sprayed with apple juice about every hour, i have tried the foil and without before and they were too fall off the bone and thats not what i like. Seems like when you cook them that long it changed the taste of the meat maybe from absorbing bone marrow juice lol gross. but these were my best yet and easiest to cook too. I think not over smoking them really helped too, they had a great color not all black.

I usually smoke my Ribs 'SANS' foil and always get great texture and flavor. Last week-end I tried the 3-2-1 thingy,with a touch of Apple juice and firmed the last hour...and so on,but never again; those Ribs were the worst I ever Smoked!!!
icon_redface.gif

They were "cooked" O.K. but tasted as if they were steamed
mad.gif
(YUK). My son gave his to his dog and I was mad and threw mine out,I love my dog!
I agree they pulled well, and had a tug from the bone,but I could do as good a rib in a Crock Pot with Bottled Sauce.
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif

All this is just MHO, mind you,but my slow smoked 'unwrapped 'Ribs speak for themselves in thier smokiness,texture and flavor.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

So for me,light Rub,cut-off the meat flap and pull the skin off the bone side and leave whole on bone side down on the grate @ 220*F for 5-6hrs. and watch for the pull back.Pick 'em up and look for a break,then eat,fresh off the Smoker,don't reheat if you can, the taste is much better!
No sauce is needed,the meat will be good enough as is....
biggrin.gif

Hope I don't ruffle any feathers, but that's just how I feel,if it 'ain't' broken, don't fix it!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Have fun and,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky