Spare ribs and rub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swalker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
NW Arkansas
Trying my fist spare ribs and a new store bought rub. It is made by Durkee and called Grill Creations....so we will see...
Any one used this before?

I've seen it, havn't used it. After the smoke, make sure you pull off one of those ribs and try it plain (rub only) so we can get the scoop on the rub flavor...

Hi SWalker, Sounds like a plan let us know how the ribs came out and we do enjoy pictures..

Joe

Sorry guys, I mopped them in tin foil....will try the rub again and pull some off with out any sauce to see. I found out the half block west of me is cooking out tonight. (good neighbors) I think they smelled my ribs, hehe!!! So I will take them over there for everyone. Anxious to see what all they have fixed... My wife fixed a mellon basket...It looks great too. Watermellon, Cantelope, Grapes, etc.... Enjoy!!! It's Hot here in AR...

Steve

THE RIBS ARE LOOKING GOOD TOO!!!! MY FIRST SPARE RIBS...You know what happens when you brag...so please don't take this as bragging rights!!!!

Steve

I use the durkee rub sometimes and it's my favorite easily accessible off the shelf rub. I buy it in a large container at Sam's. It's great on a shoulder. On ribs, I've learned you have to be a little conservative, or it will make them too salty.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky