Spare Ribs 321 with BBQ Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chogreshi

Original poster
Jun 27, 2019
I'm going to be smoking some spare ribs tomorrow using the 321 method that I always do but I want to try putting butter and my BBQ sauce in the foil wrap instead of butter, brown sugar and honey that I normally do.

Anyone done that before? Am I missing something that will make my ribs not taste good?

I'm going to be smoking some spare ribs tomorrow using the 321 method that I always do but I want to try putting butter and my BBQ sauce in the foil wrap instead of butter, brown sugar and honey that I normally do.

Anyone done that before? Am I missing something that will make my ribs not taste good?
I’ve done that. You’ll be fine. Be sure to take plenty of pictures of your smoke!

You’ll be good to go. I stopped wrapping ribs but if you allow that last hour or so to be untapped to give it a little bark it will turn out good

What's your BBQ sauce? Does it have enough sugars to replace the brown sugar and honey for your traditional taste?

I don't like wrapped ribs nor a sugar based rub.
Wife prefers them finished in a tomato based sauce until fall off the bone.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky