Spam...the e-mail kind.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You are absolutely correct, sir:)
Here's a snapshot of my e-mail today and there are several more e-mails besides these
Screenshot_20171102-180127.png

Here's what my preferences look like and I'm still receiving all the new threads.View attachment 342843
The preferences are for watched threads then under watched forums it has notifications for either new threads or messages by alerts or email or both. I have my watched forums marked for alert and email notifications for new threads. So when I go to SMF site I look at my alert icon to see if it's red and read my unread watched threads then go under my watched forums and see if any forum is in bold brown, meaning I have unread posts in that forum but do not get notifications for them only with new threads.

This way no matter how many SMF emails I get I click on one to get to the site and delete the other unread SMF emails. I don't have excessive emails just one per thread no matter if there's one post or several.
-Kurt

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky