Southwest Fiesta Chicken Salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Someone the other day in a post mentioned using up some store bought rotisserie chicken. I was at Sam’s and it hit me so I grabbed 4 of them LOL. As most of you know I do high volume cooking. Ate the wings and picked them clean. Cubed / chopped it all and added two chopped sweet onions. For the sauce I used 16 oz sour cream , about 20 oz Dukes Mayo and 3 packets of Hidden Valley Ranch Fiesta Dip mix. I usually make that mix for gatherings as a dip and people love it. Mixed it all up with the chicken and man is it good!! Made a Southwest spin on antipasto with cubed Pepper Jack, red onion, tomato, avocado 1 finely minced large jalapeño and radishes tossed in a fresh cilantro lime vinaigrette. Dressing is 1/2 cup fresh lime juice , 1 cup avocado oil (can use olive) 2T ACV, 2t lime zest, 2t Dijon mustard, 3T Splenda, 2t minced garlic , 4T fresh chopped cilantro, 1t salt and 1/2t pepper. Whisk or shake in a jar until it thickens some. Very refreshing dressing. I’ll be passing out a few to go packs on the chicken salad. Served in a low carb spinach wrap
9EC59ABC-0741-4679-B95C-8DA68F21CC5B.jpeg

I shared the post with my wife. We both like chicken salad and that flavor profile sounds good.

Jim
That fiesta mix is addictive. If they ever discontinue it I’ll freak out lol. I keep 10-20 packets on hand.

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Dang that looks and sounds good Jeff. When I get a chance to use my spinner I'll have to remember this one.

Point for sure
Chris

Dang that looks and sounds good Jeff. When I get a chance to use my spinner I'll have to remember this one.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! Look forward to hearing what you think. I’m really hooked on the flavor

Sure looks and sounds good .
Thanks Rich! I love chicken salad in general, this adds a whole different level of flavor
Oh Yeah! Nice work of a spinning chicken. I save the bones and juice for stock.
When you make it let me know what you think. If you like heat add finely minced jalapeños. I have a side batch for myself like that. Adds some crunch and heat.

I love it and love chicken salad Jeff. My SV lives for it. I’m gonna have to try yours to change things up.

Reactions: jcam222
I love it and love chicken salad Jeff. My SV lives for it. I’m gonna have to try yours to change things up.
Let me know how you like it Joe. To me that fiesta dip mix for base flavor in dips and dressing is just ridiculously good. I’ve used it in soups too.
Man that looks great Jeff! I love the fiesta ranch mix thanks to you!
Thanks John! Right? I mean I think I could drink the dressing I make from it lol.
Hell yes Jeff, that looks and sounds great, got it marked! RAY
Thanks Ray! I think you will find it a nice change of pace. I love having meals that are delicious but fast and simple
looks great, I need to find that hidden valley fiesta packets.
You sure do it’s fire! They have a new full version out too. I’ll be doing something with that soon.

WOW!! That looks nothing short pf spectacular Jeff. A truly magnificent arrangement of amazing food. Love the concept of the antipasto. That sounds like it would be over the top. Very nice all around my friend. I'd be all over it, that's for sure.

Robert

My wife buys the roasted chickens from Sam's a lot to make chicken salad with. I like that idea with the fiesta dip, something different. May be headed to Sam's today...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky