SOUTHWEST FATTIE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Did a fattie yesterday and thought I would share. Came out great.

Started out sauteing some onion ,jalapeno and red peppers
1024201610.jpg

Ater they loose some moisture I turn off the heat and add in corn,black beans, and black olives
1024201651.jpg

Then its mixed with softened cream cheese, Jack cheese and cheddar cheese.
1024201745.jpg

Spread it all out on ground beef that has been seasoned with salt,pepper,cumin,chilli powder and onion.
1024201811.jpg

Roll it up and wrap in bacon. Then its onto to smoker until an IT of 160°
1024201825.jpg

Off the smoker and resting. I let my fatties rest a good long time so all the cheesy goodness doesn't run out all over the place.
1024202156a.jpg

All sliced up!
1024202233.jpg
1024202229a.jpg

Plated up and topped with some salsa ,sour cream and green onion.
1024202242.jpg

Sure was tasty! Thanks for taking a look!

That’s one delicious looking fatty Travis, i bet it tastes even better than it looks!

I love me a good fatty Travis and that one looks really good. Nice tight weave.

Point for sure
Chris

Tasty looking fatty Travis! Bet it was awesome. Need to put a fatty on list to do again. That fatty would take a really big taco shell! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

That is one delicious fattie! Really like the flavor combination you used. Will bookmark for when I have enough time to create one of my own. Thanks for sharing.

That’s one delicious looking fatty Travis, i bet it tastes even better than it looks!
Thanks it was really good!
I love me a good fatty Travis and that one looks really good. Nice tight weave.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris ! Tight weave is important for sure !
Heck yeah Travis I bet that was delicious. Love all those flavors
Thanks Jake! It really hit the spot!

Tasty looking fatty Travis! Bet it was awesome. Need to put a fatty on list to do again. That fatty would take a really big taco shell! :emoji_blush:

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! Lol this thing was the size of a football. Might need about 3 extra large tortilla to wrap it it up!
Holy cow! I bet that tastes good! On to my "to do list"!
Jim
Thanks Jim! Give it a try!
Wow that looks awesome!!
Thanks Hawging it!
Looks to be delicious Travis, Like! RAY
Thanks RAY! We enjoyed it!

That is one delicious fattie! Really like the flavor combination you used. Will bookmark for when I have enough time to create one of my own. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! I really liked the corn and beans in it. Give it a try!
Looks and sounds great. Love the flavors. That pic is carousel worthy for sure!
Thanks Jeff! If you noticed in the picture I had it with some rice. Tried making it with konjac rice. Turned out great and helped keep the carbs down on this meal.
Looks tasty, nice work
Thanks civilsmoker!

Damn that looks incredible!!!!!

That is a work or art. I haven't made a fatty in years.
Your S. W. fatty is really speaking to me.
how many pounds of burger did you use ? and how many people did it feed?

The only thing I would change is I would substitute pablanos for the Japs just because I really dig pablanos.

You convinced me to thaw out some burger and ground veal to copy cat your smoke this week.

Thanks for the great idea.
Dan

Damn that looks incredible!!!!!

That is a work or art. I haven't made a fatty in years.
Your S. W. fatty is really speaking to me.
how many pounds of burger did you use ? and how many people did it feed?

The only thing I would change is I would substitute pablanos for the Japs just because I really dig pablanos.

You convinced me to thaw out some burger and ground veal to copy cat your smoke this week.

Thanks for the great idea.
Dan
Thanks Dan! I love pablano too! Would be good with those. Just make sure you cook down the onions and peppers to get a lot of the moisture out before stuffing. This is what I used
1.5lb ground 80/20 seasoned how you like or mix in a packet of taco seasoning

The filling I made will make 2 fatties. I'm going to use the other half of filling with some pulled pork for enchiladas later this week

Filling
1/2 large onion
1 red bell pepper
3 jalapenos
1/2 can of black beans drained and rinsed
1/2 can of sweet corn drained
Small can of sliced black olives
4oz cream cheese softened
4oz jack cheese shredded
4oz mild cheddar shredded

For topings I just used some pace salsa and sour cream. And a little chopped green onion.
You could also mix up some corn and black bean salsa with the leftover 1/2 cans from the filling.

I used about 1lb bacon for the wrap
Depending on how many sides your going to have with it I would say 1 fattie should feed 4 people. But stuff like this is always good as leftovers so no big deal if you have extra

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky