Southern Pride Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

porkysnightmare

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 4, 2016
Anyone run one of these? If one were needing to smoke 10 briskets, 10 butts, ribs, sausage all in one run, would this be a legit buy or would you custom a stick burner?
spk1400_silloutte_orange.jpg

That's a pretty decent size commercial smoker (with a corresponding hefty price tag). Are you planning on opening a BBQ restaurant or catering or something?

Possibly a bbq joint. My dad ran a rotating smoker when I was younger but we had to sell a long time ago.

I was gonna ask how often you were going to smoke those things and if you wanted to tend a smoker or not

Starting off weekends only then rolling into the week as buisness picks up. Tired of working for people and bbq is in my blood. Just wondering if I should roll this route or if a custom cab build would fit better. I remember being woken up to go make sure the place wasn't burned down back in the day lol.

The Southern Pride would be a lot less hands on then a stick burner. I have a Lang 84 stick burner and I need to add a wood split or two about every 35-40 minutes to maintain my temps so it requires a lot of hands on time.

That's how a lot of my offset smokers were.. every hour or so outside or every other beer depending on the night lol

I like the taste the best from a stick burner but takes a lot of time

I agree 100% I don't want a gas taste at all..I dont remember that being an issue off my dad's either. He'd burn 4 halves and let that smoke on along with the burner at 250. He would add smoke every couple hours as the cook went on and the burners would only light up every once in a while as I remember... usually if the door was open during adding meat or pulling.

That's cool. The Southern Pride would do a good job a lot of places use them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky