Sous vide on a pork butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Not much you can do about that, other than what you're already doing.
This is why I always hated that Mrs Bear doesn't like Smoke on many things. (Bacon & Ham)

Bear
Bear, I'm laughing that you say that about your wife because my wife isn't too fond of smoky items and she liked the SV PB better than a smoker PB . :emoji_laughing:

If I absolutely need to have a pork butt at a very specific time....I will smoke it for 4 hours....then I will put it in the pressure cooker for 90 mins. Comes out really smokey.....but super moist and tender. Yes there is not any major bark...but sometimes you need to hit the timing perfect....and this is one way.

Reactions: crazymoon
If I absolutely need to have a pork butt at a very specific time....I will smoke it for 4 hours....then I will put it in the pressure cooker for 90 mins. Comes out really smokey.....but super moist and tender. Yes there is not any major bark...but sometimes you need to hit the timing perfect....and this is one way.
GC, Sounds like a good plan but I don't have a pressure cooker.Wife says I don't need any new toys(after an Air fryer showed up in the mail !:))

I did this a couple of years ago, but I smoked it for a couple of hours after the SV. I agree that it was good, but no where near as good as cooking it the whole time in the smoker.

Reactions: crazymoon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky