Sous vide newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rynoracing17

Original poster
Apr 13, 2019
I recently got an Anova and and had some questions. I wanted to know if I can cook frozen fish in the vacuum sealed package it comes in or do I need to transfer it to another bag. Also I have been looking at getting a searing torch and wanted to know what is recommended

Thanks

Generally, things like fish are frozen prior to vac-bag sealing... That can create a problem... As the fish thaws, the vacuum in the bag can crush the fish making for a smushed hunk of fish...
To alleviate that situation, it is recommended you clip a corner of the bag, to release the vacuum, then sous-vide it..
About changing bags.. I don't know if the material used is good for sous-vide...
If you have not found Baldwin's sous-vide stuff... read up on it below....

.....Baldwin on Sous Vide

Some of the single portion frozen fish I have are vac'd , but are a " easy peel " type of bag . Grab the corner and one side peels off . Might not be good for souse vide .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky