Sous vide chicken gizzards

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ah Man!!!
I knew these would be Awesome!!
I did something I never do---I gave you the Like before you even started, because once I read what you were gonna do, I knew it would be Awesome!!
I haven't had Gizzards for at least 50 years!!!
Gotta do this sometime!!
Like.

Bear

Thanks for all the likes. It was a fun to cook with something no so ordinary. Offal is awful good!
Except for the liver, lol....love sweetbreads brain heart tripe tongue. Oh not to crazy about kidneys though. My grandpa take on them may have had an influence there..He said you boil the piss out of them and throw them away.

Except for the liver, lol....love sweetbreads brain heart tripe tongue. Oh not to crazy about kidneys though. My grandpa take on them may have had an influence there..He said you boil the piss out of them and throw them away.

LOL---Similar here:
I was used to all the game my Dad brought home, and all the internal organ parts, until the one time my Dad had Deer Kidneys in a bowl of salt-water. Every now & then he'd go out to the kitchen. I went out & saw him with his hand in the bowl. I was about 8 years old & I said, "Whatcha doin, Dad?" "I'm Squeezing the piss out of these Kidneys!"
Oh--OK.

Later in life, I used to take leftovers with me to the Bethlehem Steel.
I'd have a bowl of small pieces of Heart, Kidneys & Deer Liver, in the lunch room at the Steel.
I'd put it in the Nuke-U-Later, and Everybody went "Ugh, What the Hell you eating' John".
It didn't smell great, but they all loved the taste---Those who would try it. LOL

I did the same thing with leftover Shad Roe!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky