Sorta new to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

southsider

Original poster
Dec 25, 2016
Bloomington, MN
Hello all, I just bough at Masterbuilt 30" smoker, model #20070910. Years ago I had a Brinkman charcoal smoker and used it all the time, really enjoyed it. Well it finally wore out and I never replaced it until now. Looking forward to getting back into it, and I'm sure I've forgotten a few things and I'm sure folks on these forums will be able to answer any questions I might have. My name is Joe and I live in Bloomington, MN.

I was reading a thread on how far to keep the vent open when smoking, lot's of differing opinions on that I see. I'll just have to see what works for me

One immediate question I do have for people with the same smoker is........ which rack should I put the meat on ? I usually only smoke one item at a time and my old smoker had only one rack, it was at the top of the smoker right about the water tray, so I had no choice about where to place the meat. 

*Sorry if this gets posted twice, I tried once before but it never showed up, I might have done something wrong on the first one as I'm new to forums

Welcome to SMF!

Glad to have you with us!

If I'm only using one rack I always put it in the middle of the smoker.

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky