Soraken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mine will be here on Monday I will do the boiling water and ice water.Let ya know what I get
Richie
Great! Let us know. Did you try the discount code in post #1? Just curious if it's obsolete.

I have two rf remote single probe therms. One has no reception to the bedroom. The other is intermittent. The Soraken has never lost connection anywhere in my house (basement), front yard or back yard and it has a signal strength meter. My smoker is on my deck near a sliding glass door and the therm is magnetically attached to the smoker door facing the direction where I'll most likely be since it's at the end of the house. I've got a microwave, fridge, inside and outside walls and bathroom between my bedroom and the smoker. It's rated at 100ft indoors and 170 ft outdoors. Pop's has the Silipower or Morpilot with excellent range he made a review about with the same color coded silicone coated probes and Chugod, Tenergy, and others look the same and the apps are interchangeable but the Easy BBQ app for the Soraken has been great so no changes were needed. I have the Samsung Galaxy S7 phone. I have not done a range test because I haven't lost connection mowing my yard (5000+ sq. ft.) so It's going through my whole house to the backyard. If you have yours for the kitchen and have more area I'd make sure the alarm and vibration is on and connection alert activated and see what you think. Many of us on FB got these at the same time and I wanted feedback so I threw out a post awhile back to see who would respond for an update and only one replied stating he'd buy it again but no volunteered complaints in between . All the apps look identical for these six probe BT therms so they all maybe the same with different names. If you go on Amazon and search Soraken I believe every choice is by Soraken but fulfilled by Amazon and there maybe three choices. One was about $49 then an available 5% coupon code the other day and you can try the code in post #1 to see if it's still valid for about a $17.00 discount. Before Pop's review I saw the Morpilot, then his review, then the great FB review of the Soraken and discount and then Soraken was 5 of 5 stars on Amazon from primarily verified purchases. I know fake spotter qualifies the reviews for being valid but fake spotter had a bad review on the reviews but doesn't align with the product. I still go by the reviews from a verified purchaser. I would have purchased the Morpilot but got this Soraken for just over $20 and will get one for my daughter and son in law's smoker even if there aren't discounts to apply at check out.

Thanks for the info! That is exactly what I was needing to know.
I helped my brother score a used MES40 last week on Craigslist for $50!!!
I may gift him this thermometer and then all he'll need is an AMNPS setup and he will be ready to rock!

I'll eventually talk him into a rewire and doing a PID controller but for now I just want to get him going properly and work from there :)

Did the boiling water test all 4 probes checked 212°F Plus my probes from the silpower work in it.
Richie

Did the boiling water test all 4 probes checked 212°F Plus my probes from the silpower work in it.
Richie
I figured all those colored silicone sealed probes are the same/interchangeable with other similar six probe therms. I try to remember to get food under way smoking then apply settings and activate connection alert so alarms don't go off and remove settings and comnection alert before opening the smoker to remove the food. The graph is great to let me know when a stall started and stopped. The customized high/low range and high limit with custom names is great. I love this thing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky