Something weird happened last night...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seenred

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 9, 2009
N.E. Oklahoma
This has not happened to me before.  Last night, I was surfing the forums and posting in a few conversations.  I saw a thread started here in "Blowing Smoke" by someone new (cannot remember the user name, but post count said it was their first post).  There was only one short, confusing post in the thread...something about people complaining about some custom kitchen company?

Anyway, I made a short post to comment that I must be missing something, who was complaining?  As soon as I submitted the reply, the thread disappeared!  I can find no evidence now that the thread ever existed, or that I posted in it.  I'm worried I may be losing what few marbles I had left!

There must be ghosts in the machine or something...anyone else ever have anything like this happen, or have I finally gone 'round the bend?

Red

I'm so glad you posted this! I had a very similar thing happen. I'd posted a response to a new member an then the whole thing was gone a short time later. I was afraid I'd said something in my response that was misconstrued or against the rules. There was an external link in the OP so maybe that was it.

We have had spammers posting a lot about kitchens lately it is spam and we are deleting 2-10 threads a day from them. Some get through to be seen on the site and the spam filter catches some. If you see them flag them for us and we will delete them and ban the poster and eventually they might stop

We have had spammers posting a lot about kitchens lately it is spam and we are deleting 2-10 threads a day from them. Some get through to be seen on the site and the spam filter catches some. If you see them flag them for us and we will delete them and ban the poster and eventually they might stop
Glad to hear there's a simple explanation...I wondered if it might be spam-related.  Thanks, Jerry, for clearing that up!  I'll stay on the lookout for these posts and flag them if I see another.

Red

Last edited:
There was a problem yesterday with a major internet provider called Cogent. Internet service was disrupted in much of the country.

GREAT JOB SMF ADMIN, MODERATORS AND FOLKS!!! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky