Some chicken in pickle juice.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokingUPnorth

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 7, 2017
Michigan UP
I’ve heard that chicken brined pretty much in pickle juice can be turned into a chick fila cope cat. I’m wondering if anyone had tried it or not. Got some juice I’m willing to give it a shot at!

You might get the taste somewhat, but Chick-Fil-A pressure fries their chicken. I've heard that's the secret. I'm in no way gonna try that. I gave up since there is a Chick-Fil-A down the street.

You might get the taste somewhat, but Chick-Fil-A pressure fries their chicken. I've heard that's the secret. I'm in no way gonna try that. I gave up since there is a Chick-Fil-A down the street.
I'm DIY with most foods, but sometimes the best way is to just go through the drive through and get what they have pretty much perfected.

Reactions: 6GRILLZNTN
I tried it once. I used dill pickle juice. It turned out pretty well. Not an exact copy but close enough. Give it a try.

INGREDIENTS​

• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 cup dill pickle juice
  • 1 ½ cups milk, divided
  • 1 cup peanut oil
  • 1 large egg
  • ½ cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

INSTRUCTIONS​

• Place a chicken breast on a cutting board. With your hand flat on top of it, carefully slice the chicken in half horizontally. Trim excess fat as needed.
  • In a large shallow baking dish, combine chicken, pickle juice and 1/2 cup milk; marinate for at least 30 minutes. Drain well.
  • Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
  • In another large shallow baking dish, whisk together remaining 1 cup milk and egg. Stir in chicken to coat and drain excess milk mixture.
  • In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken, flour and confectioners' sugar; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
  • Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
  • Serve chicken immediately on burger buns with green leaf lettuce, tomato and pickles.

I tried it once. I used dill pickle juice. It turned out pretty well. Not an exact copy but close enough. Give it a try.

INGREDIENTS​

• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 cup dill pickle juice
  • 1 ½ cups milk, divided
  • 1 cup peanut oil
  • 1 large egg
  • ½ cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

INSTRUCTIONS​

• Place a chicken breast on a cutting board. With your hand flat on top of it, carefully slice the chicken in half horizontally. Trim excess fat as needed.
  • In a large shallow baking dish, combine chicken, pickle juice and 1/2 cup milk; marinate for at least 30 minutes. Drain well.
  • Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
  • In another large shallow baking dish, whisk together remaining 1 cup milk and egg. Stir in chicken to coat and drain excess milk mixture.
  • In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken, flour and confectioners' sugar; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
  • Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
  • Serve chicken immediately on burger buns with green leaf lettuce, tomato and pickles.
Nobody, I mean nobody puts lettuce and tomato on a Chick-Fil-A sammy. Blasphemy! Pickles only. Just kidding. Your recipe sounds pretty good. Bookmarked. (without the green and red stuff).

• Haha
Reactions: Gonna Smoke
TNJAKE TNJAKE is a pickle brine aficionado I believe.
I do love a pickle juice brine....BUT.... It is not what Chick-fil-A does. I worked at one in 1994 when in highschool. They use the pickle juice from the 5gal buckets of chips. From they they add a proprietary blend of spices that come in a pouch. Nobody knows what it is but we all know it's delicious. Chicken breasts and strips are marinated overnight in those buckets. Then they dip in milk wash, bread and into the pressure fryer.....nuggets receive no marinade

This is a long thread and some different cooks but has a pickle juice brine breast wrapped in bacon. We enjoy it

Reactions: jcam222 and schlotz
I'm trying KM0aga's recipe for sure. The line for chik-fil-a by us wraps around the block and I just can't endure that.
They have a non-fried sandwich my wife likes so I'll maybe try the pickle juice brine in my old pressure cooker (water for steam pressurization, not oil vapor!) and see how that goes as well, per 6grillzntn's earlier note.

I like to use a pickle juice brine on boneless breast meat also. I works great

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky