Solar oven recommendations

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

PolishDeli

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 9, 2018
I'm interested in you anyone's recommendations / thoughts / comments on solar ovens.
Diy and commercial.

My intended usage: Mostly for emergencies, rather for regular use. So portability/storage is important. I can envision using it for fun a couple of times a year.

I'm leaning toward one of the umbrella-shaped options. The tube cookers seem like a hassle since they only accept the product-specific cookware.

Reactions: ddow229
I went to a farm show this weekend where there was a vendor selling sun ovens. It was interesting to see how quick the food cooked. They cost in the $500 range so I will probably be working on my own design as well as a solar dehydrator. I do think they have their place, especially if you enjoy cooking out doors.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky