Sodium Erythorbate

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jfsjazz

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 6, 2012
Ohio
I know that SE acts as an accelerator for cure, so would there be any harm if I stuffed my SS casings on Friday, refrigerated overnight, and didn't smoke them until a day later?

TY!

No it won't hurt. But if you are not having to get your Sausage from Raw to Store Shelves in 24 hours, what do you gain using it...JJ

Thanks JimmyJ. I'm using it only to counter the possible oxidation when using cheese in the SS.

Appreciate your insight!

Oh...Ok, didn't think of that. Sounds good...JJ

No it won't hurt. But if you are not having to get your Sausage from Raw to Store Shelves in 24 hours, what do you gain using it...JJ
I use it to help hold color in the sausage , and more important it fights / stops oxidation that can happen around cheese added to Summer sausage . Just used it yesterday for sticks , and it comes added in the Owens mix I used for SS .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky