So I pulled the trigger on a new……

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tinydawg50

Original poster
Sep 11, 2022
Char Griller 980 gravity smoker! Wifey gave me the green light today and I ordered it from lowes! Pickup tomorrow! Man I’m so excited to pick this thing up. Watched so many videos on this bad boy and I decided to add it to my existing pellet smoker. I really want that flavor profile that I’ve been missing off my pellet smoker. What do you all think of the 980?

• Love
Reactions: negolien
Not a pellet or gravity feed guy, but CONGRATULATIONS!!

Edit:
Oh, welcome Tiny. Your going to get a ton of help here. I guarantee it. Again, welcome.

Congrats, that was on my short list but stumbled on a Masterbuilt 800 for cheap and grabbed it. Smoke profile for both should be similar and I love it. Should be a short learning curve to crank out some great food.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky