so here is a question guys

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jacobtia

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
Central Illinois
My wife is not a fan of smoked food. I have done several briskets(two apple wood and one cherry), a whole chicken(apple wood), some leg quarters(apple wood), bacon wrapped chicken breasts(cherry wood), and ribs(one hickory and one apple wood). She tries what I put on the plate but has not liked any of it. She says the smokey flavor is not her thing.

So, here is my question....Do any of you have any ideas of something I might be able to smoke that she may enjoy?????

She loves Italian food!

Appreciate the advise!

Last edited:
mine does not eat much either from the smoker but for a different reason,  she likes every meat welllllll done so when i smoke stuff she thinks the pink means its not done    cant persuade her the truth that its done   anyway  i make a pork shoulder for bbq sandwiches or seafood when i want to keep her happy    and the other stuff when the son and his pals are around  then throw a burger on the grill for her

Yeah, but it's illegal.
police2.gif

Trade her in for a Country girl.

You can smoke the meat using only a little bit of flavor wood, then use the meat to make other dishes... chili, lasagna, nachos, pizza, pasta, ect, ect. When you do that you are changing the flavor from just a mouth full of smoked meat to something she might like a lot better.

Have you tried using just charcoal & no wood in your smoker. There will still be some BBQ flavor without the real smoky flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky