Snack stick casing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Robert H

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 29, 2017
Hey all
Curious about where or who people are ordering their snackstick casings from in Canada

Hey
Thanks for replies. Crappy Tire has some but not the size I am looking for(21mm). I have ordered natural casing from Canada Compound, will have to check the Halfords and High Caliber. I had some from a field and stream store in states, and think they were 19mm, they barely fit over the horn of my stuffer. What size casing are you usually using?

I use 19mm collagen from canada compound. Used some 21mm also. So easy to handle. Don't make the mistake of having the meat too thick or you risk rapturing the casing. Don't ask how I know lol.the 19mm I had to buy whole box but the 21mm you could buy by single peace.

Checkdude, what size horn are you using the 19mm casings on?

Home made from 1/2" OD copper pipe. 20210206_080629.jpg 20210206_080643.jpg 9" long.

I buy 21-23 pretubed sheep caseing from JB Sausage Maker Supplies in Saskatoon. They have a website but I'm not sure if it would be worth while for a real small order. I've also seen collagen caseings at cabellas and also at princess auto so you could check those out.

Very inventive Checkdude. Will check out JB, wild west. Princess Auto only seems to have the larger sizes, Ditto for Cabella's.

I ended up buying a box of 21mm from Canada Compound. I have enough for yrs now. They are fairly snug on the stainless horn of the Lem stuffer. I had some stainless #12 horns that I bought for stuffing on my grinder years ago, that I was not using. I modified the smallest one to fit the Lem stuffer, so all should be smooth sailing now. I will update next week, as I plan on making maybe 30lbs of snack sticks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky