smoking turkey question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbfromtennessee

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 14, 2014
here is what i want to do. smoke my turkey in my mes at 250 then finish it up in the oven to get the skin crispy. what i need to know is at what IT do i need to remove from the smoker and at what oven temp do i need to use to crisp it up. if it makes a difference i have spatchcocked this bird... any help would be appreciated.

Pull when the IT of the breast is 160. I'm cooking a spatchcocked turkey on the weber charcoal at 325-340. At that temp, I expect the skin will be pretty crispy. Do not foil cover the bird afterwards or the skin will soften up. Not sure what temp the oven would need to be in order to crispyize the skin. Hopefully someone with such experience will chime in shortly.

Last edited:
I would pull the bird when the breast is 145.
Then put it in a 375 degree oven until it hits 157.
Then in a short 15 minute rest the carryover cooking will bring it up to 165.
Good luck!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky