Smoking Turkey and Pork Loin at same time ???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

apraser99

Original poster
Sep 3, 2013
Alabama
We are having Thanksgiving at my Mothers house at noon Thursday. I have a seven pound bacon woven pork loin in the fridge(cut in half). I am going to smoke them. I also am going to smoke a turkey(13 lbs). I was going to smoke all together early Thursday morning but I'm thinking I need to smoke the turkey at a higher temp than the loin. I don't really want to get up at 2:00 am to do both so I was thinking of smoking the loin Wednesday afternoon and putting it in the fridge to be warmed Thanksgiving morning and smoking the turkey by itself that morning. I was concerned about the loin drying out if I cooked it a day before. Any thoughts or ideas? Sorry so long but I need advice and wanted to explain where I was. I have a MES 30". Thanks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky