Smoking Today!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wvsmokeman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 17, 2006
West Virginia
Went to the store last night to pick up a chuck roast for the smoker. Couldn't find what I wanted and ended up with a nice top round roast, about 4 pounds. I rubbed it down with Jeff's rub, got the hickory and cherry wood to smokin' and it do smell good! I will attempt to post some pics.
06ad6f66_vbattach12354.jpg

28ada637_vbattach12355.jpg

Looks absolutely awesome WVsmokeman. What int. temp to usually take that to? It is always good to see fellow Mountaineers on the forum. Where are you located in WV?

Bill

Ok.....here's the finished product. It turned out pretty yummy. I still like the chuck roast a little better. I pulled it at 160, wrapped it in foil, wrapped a heavy towel around it and placed it inside my Sam's Club insulated bag for 2 hours. When I sliced it up, it was nice and moist but could have used a little more smoke. Nobody's complaining but me though, I'm my worst critic! Hillbillysmoker, I'm in the southern part of WV, Raleigh County.
8ca9cae3_vbattach12365.jpg

gotta love that beef, my wife prefers pork but i like a nice big chunk of beef now and then.. thats a nice looking top round gotta few in the freezer along with some big sirloin roasts

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky