• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoking Today!

wvsmokeman

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 17, 2006
Went to the store last night to pick up a chuck roast for the smoker. Couldn't find what I wanted and ended up with a nice top round roast, about 4 pounds. I rubbed it down with Jeff's rub, got the hickory and cherry wood to smokin' and it do smell good! I will attempt to post some pics.
06ad6f66_vbattach12354.jpg

28ada637_vbattach12355.jpg

hillbillysmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2007
Looks absolutely awesome WVsmokeman. What int. temp to usually take that to? It is always good to see fellow Mountaineers on the forum. Where are you located in WV?

Bill

wvsmokeman

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 17, 2006
Ok.....here's the finished product. It turned out pretty yummy. I still like the chuck roast a little better. I pulled it at 160, wrapped it in foil, wrapped a heavy towel around it and placed it inside my Sam's Club insulated bag for 2 hours. When I sliced it up, it was nice and moist but could have used a little more smoke. Nobody's complaining but me though, I'm my worst critic! Hillbillysmoker, I'm in the southern part of WV, Raleigh County.
8ca9cae3_vbattach12365.jpg

meowey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 16, 2006
Oh man! Just finished breakfast and now there is drool on the laptop!!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

linescum

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2006
gotta love that beef, my wife prefers pork but i like a nice big chunk of beef now and then.. thats a nice looking top round gotta few in the freezer along with some big sirloin roasts

lisacsco

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 30, 2007
I am orginally form the next county over, Fayette Co. :)

triple b

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2007
Looks real good Smokeman!
Got me droolin' just before breakfast!

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.