Smoking Newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ken tucky

Original poster
Dec 23, 2016
Hey All,

Ken here.  New to smoking really.  I got a Masterbuilt electric smoker last year and tried it twice with no real success.  I cooked a pork tenderloin that ended up TOO done.  We all looked like the Griswold's from Christmas Vacation chewing on that thing.  Then I cooked a boston butt and it ended up okay, but not what I would still call good.  It had no bark on it to speak of.  I've heard that other people can cook stuff in an electric smoker and get good bark on their meat and the rest of it be tender on the inside.  THAT is what I want to learn how to do and hoping to learn from help on this site.

Thanks All,

Ken

Welcome to the site Ken!  Lots of folks here using the MES and putting out some amazing Q!  Good to have you with us.

Mike

Welcome to the forum!

Check out Bear's step by steps.

All his smokes are on the same smoker you have.

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky