Smoking in the rain

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Of all days for it to finally start raining on this drought strickened state, it has to happen on superbowl Sunday?

Hmmmmm, how can I keep the rain off my smoker? Well since I dont golf anymore...

4etamuqe.jpg

Tapayakin' from my iphone

Last edited:
Haha great idea. Started raining a little here too. If it would have gotten harder my umbrella would have came out too.

☞ Sent from here☜

Could be worse, you could be dealing with the record amount of snow we've got here in michigan! Smoked twice the past month and both times it's snowed like hell the night before or day of!

I know what you mean, I am here in Dixon, I moved the smoker onto the covered deck last night, just felt like rain coming. I was out there a bit a go just as the GFI kicked off and shut down my pellet feed.  Got it reset, all is good.  Just made my vinegar base sauce with 1/4 cup Kahlua and 1/2 cup of blackberry jam added.

Tsk. Move to the Canadian Rockies and toughen up. 

Disco
I would if I could bring home tons of freshly caught Pacific King Salmon to smoke like I do here.  So no, I'll stay in crazy Californica and complain.

Last edited:
Canada? Haven't been there since I turned 21. The 19 thing is pretty sweet but not much for me there after that. If your getting more snow than us in January I'm definitely not heading that direction. This is the worst January as far as weather goes in my life.

If it's not record snow, it's record lows! Weather for for a penguin not a rockstar.

I would if I could bring home tons of freshly caught Pacific King Salmon to smoke like I do here.  So no, I'll stay in crazy Californica and complain.
Har! A wise man knows when he has it good!
Canada? Haven't been there since I turned 21. The 19 thing is pretty sweet but not much for me there after that. If your getting more snow than us in January I'm definitely not heading that direction. This is the worst January as far as weather goes in my life.

If it's not record snow, it's record lows! Weather for for a penguin not a rockstar.
You should come up again. We have electricity now.

Disco

Baaaahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahhahahaaa! You had electricity back in the 90s! And plenty of alcohol you didn't mind selling my buddies and I for two years! Haven't had a beer I loved since then believe it's called Broduer.... Something like that.

Use to drink that beer and plenty of 3 wise men shots! If it wasn't for Michigan I truly believe Windsor wouldn't be there. We truly were your economy back in the 90s!

Baaaahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahhahahaaa! You had electricity back in the 90s! And plenty of alcohol you didn't mind selling my buddies and I for two years! Haven't had a beer I loved since then believe it's called Broduer.... Something like that.

Use to drink that beer and plenty of 3 wise men shots! If it wasn't for Michigan I truly believe Windsor wouldn't be there. We truly were your economy back in the 90s!
Beer in Canada? We aren't that fond of beer. The cheque is in the mail and the doctor says it is just a cold sore.

However, we still have shots and beer.

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky