Smoking Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Good day for smoking some cheese and whiskey. Next weekend gonna be chili weather.

Nice assortment

20210207_094953.jpg

Filled that foil pan with jar of corn & rye whiskey for some smoked BQQ whiskey.

20210207_095243.jpg

Nice thin blue cherry wood smoke

20210207_111026.jpg

Wish I would of never seeded this fescue. All ready over due to be mowed!

20210207_094713.jpg

Planning 4 hour smoke. Into fridge 24 hour than vacuum seal. Looking forward to that ghost pepper cheese.

You have a good plan! I have not tried smoked whiskey, can you elaborate on the flavor, and do you drink it straight or use in a mixed drink? I'm thinking it would be fantastic in a Whiskey Bullshot (I'll put the recipe below). Now, I have smoked water, then strained it through a coffee filter and made ice cubes with it. This is good if you drink whiskey with a rock or two.

Bullshot: basically a Bloody Mary with beef broth instead of tomato juice. So.... vodka, tomato juice, Worcestershire, hot sauce, black pepper, celery salt, etc.
Whiskey Bullshot: substitute whiskey for vodka.

Reactions: ChrisLane
You have a good plan! I have not tried smoked whiskey, can you elaborate on the flavor, and do you drink it straight or use in a mixed drink? I'm thinking it would be fantastic in a Whiskey Bullshot (I'll put the recipe below). Now, I have smoked water, then strained it through a coffee filter and made ice cubes with it. This is good if you drink whiskey with a rock or two.

Bullshot: basically a Bloody Mary with beef broth instead of tomato juice. So.... vodka, tomato juice, Worcestershire, hot sauce, black pepper, celery salt, etc.
Whiskey Bullshot: substitute whiskey for vodka.
It picks up a mild smoke. I use it mostly for mixed drinks. Really good. I usually mix with coke but taste pretty darn good in root-beer. I will have to try that one.

Well, I guess you have 2 things I do not have... Smoked whiskey and green grass... I will be able to see the grass in a month or so... Smoked whiskey ??? I'll do some when I get my cheese going... Maybe tonight... as soon as I can get it up to room temp....

Well, I guess you have 2 things I do not have... Smoked whiskey and green grass... I will be able to see the grass in a month or so... Smoked whiskey ??? I'll do some when I get my cheese going... Maybe tonight... as soon as I can get it up to room temp....
I am not sure the pellets burned clean. The fridge smelled like bad smoke this morning and the whiskey came out over smoked. I usually use dust in the tray for this but was out and just used pellets in the tube. Gonna have to try that blender trick for dust.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
That how I usually do it. Works well. I forgot that I was out and did not have time. Next time will take time.

Reactions: daveomak
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky