smoking a ten pound bone in ham right now and need help!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokemom

Smoke Blower
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 2, 2006
california
I have been smoking the ham all day in my weber that i turned into a smoker using a hot plate... i do not want to stay up all night....it isnt done...can i wrap it up it tin foil and put it in the frig and finish it tomorrow? or do i have to put it in the oven now......do i leave it on 170 overnight?

thanks for any input!!!

the salmon i did turned out great.. it was the first thing i smoked.. i think i got ahead of myself on this ham!!!!

I've never cooled something down and restarted it.

If it was me I'd wrap it up tight in foil and put it in my oven for the night at 190-200. That's about the temp you want to eventually get to to pull the meat anyway. Put a little something (apple juice , Pineapple juice or whatever) to keep it juicy and flavor it like you want and let it go. Bet it will kick a$$. :D

THANKS for answering right away! I will put it in the oven right away...i do have apple juice i had been mopping it with... I will let you know how it turns out!!!!!!

Do you have a thermometer in the thickest part? For my money Ii it has gone to 170 internal I would wrap in foil, mop heavily and place in a cooler wrapped in towells and in the AM shoot it into an oven prewarmed to 250

If the internal temp is well below 150 I do believe that the oven is your answer. Set it at 175 abd mop the heck outta your meat.\

Hope this helps!
Cheers!
Monty

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky