Smoking a brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

piker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
Barnwell Alta
I seasoned a brisket with my favourite spices and then vacuum packed and put in the fridge. My question is how long can I leave it before I smoke it? This Piker

if it was fresh when you bought it I would say 5-6-7days is no problem, as long as your fridge is kept pretty cold. 34-37, it takes a while for beef to go bad.

Reactions: tallbm
What was the sell by date on it when you opened it?
So funny story from Costco on this...I need them to pull a fresh box of briskets out because the cooler was empty. he was labeling and tossing them out for me to pick from and the sell by date was only 2 days out. I asked him WTF is that about "we make it up". I think he should care more about his job... I then went to the mega Costco and all the sell by dates were realistic, which was like weeks out. just a funny little gem.

I thought the sell by date for vacuum packed meat was made it because it can last a long time in those bags. And no one regulates those dates, they are left up the business.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky