Smoking a Beef Roast, Info needed on Brining the roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When smoking or cooking a beef roast, I don't recommend marinating them.... Most folks cook beef from 120 to 130 internal temp... not high enough temp to kill bacteria... marinating or injecting a roast will pull surface bacteria into the meat... the long cook time can harbor and grow that bacteria into food poisoning...
Surface rubs are fine.... the cooking temps of 225 kills surface bacteria before it can enter the meat muscle....
Now for the disclaimer.... I know folks do what you are asking.... I'm replying from a food safety standpoint.. Getting unlucky once, is not a good thing...

If you are cooking a brisket or something similar, to an internal temp of 190 ish + to pull or just to make it tender..... marinate or inject all you want.... just use a high enough temp in the smoker to get the temp up to 140 ish in a few hours.... no safety concerns cooking that method.....

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky