Smoking a beef brisket today, Hopefully with some Q-view!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokeitupbbq

Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
10 am here in east tx and my fire is about ready for a good lookin beef brisket that i rubbed lastnight. Going to put it on in a min and start smoking with 50/50 cherry and apple. Going to be mopping it with a beer/apple cidar vinegar mop. I'll keep ya updated and hopefully with some Q-view if i can figure it out! Thanks, have a good one and smoke it up! Zach. 

1da83f06_bbq339.jpg

Getting the fire going

c8fa0d53_bbq340.jpg

icon_cool.gif

Everything looks pretty darn good to me. I'm thinking you might want to move the meat more in the center of the smoker. But thats just my pennies.

Well i've got charcoal on one side of the pit going and my wood going in the offset firebox, Didn't wanna hit her with too much heat. Should i do it dif??

Any advice on the best way to serve the drippings??

Do you have anything in the pan with the drippings? We like to put beef stock, onions, carrots, garlic, & celery in the pan. Then when the brisket is done strain the juices, de fat them & pour over the sliced brisket.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky