Smoking 500 pounds of meat at a time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SCBBQ

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 2, 2021
Hey guys -

Thought I’d share my smoking method for 500 pounds of meat at a time - might take me a few days to sift and sort through pictures but hopefully will be a fun thing to share.

9041BD81-983A-4BB6-B665-0FB2F3E82EAA.jpeg

Wow great looking slice of Kitchen heaven right there, if I could back up 50+ years I would have liked being a chef I do believe.

Reactions: 912smoker
That's an incredible setup and Kitchen! Very impressive. More pics please.

So over this past Christmas, we smoked a ton of meat in 4 sessions. Each session being 500 pounds.

That math was around 130 Boston butts and 80 prime briskets -

I sourced prime briskets from a few Costcos around the area for a great price - $3.29 a pound I think..

Boston Butts - ordered them through my food service for around a buck a pound for Smithfield.

For Rub, and simplification, I use and really like Cookshack products.

The Cookshack smoker is built in and holds 500 pounds of meat on 15 racks.

For pellets, I like a blend of Mesquite and fruitwood.

Anywhere from 20-22 hours later, the doors will open again for the first time. I don't wrap them anymore halfway through or do anything to any of it. Just let it go and it turns out perfect. So the routine is that I put them in the smoker around 7 PM and open the doors around 5 PM the next day.

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 5.08.34 PM.png

WOW! I feel like i'm at a Meat Wonderland. Very impressive equipment, setup and friends. This is the nicest I've ever seen. Great work. Thanks for the pics.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky