Smoking 2 briskets at once

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

blackhawk2

Original poster
Feb 1, 2014
I have a question as I don't want to smoke to get finished too early.

I have a 13# brisket that is too big for my small electric smoker.  I was going to cut it in half and smoke them both at the same time.  I was planning on about 18 hours for the smoke at a temp of 220 degrees.

My question is do you think that since I cut the brisket in half, will they finish sooner?

Hello.  Welcome.  I see this is your first post.  Please take some time and swing over to Roll Call and introduce yourself so that we may give you a proper "Hello".  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have.  As for your question:  Here is my opinion for what it is worth.  Others will have different advice.  This is only my opinion.  Sorry I am late to the party.  The question is probably already answered.  The short answer without more info is no, I don't think they will finish faster as the smoker is probably full.  Further info might change my answer but as your question is 18 hrs. old, it's probably all over with.

Please don't judge the members on this one question.  We do understand that to you this was the MOST important question on the forum, but with all the best will in the world some questions will slip by all of us.  Sorry one of the older members didn't catch this earlier.  Hope all turned out well.  We would like to see the Q-View.  If I can ever be of help, please feel free to shoot me a PM.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Thanks for the reply.  The briskets turned out really great.  Unfortunately, didn't take any pics.  I'll remember to do so next time and post.  Thanks again for the reply!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky