Smokin in the dark?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dave11

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 6, 2005
Spring Hill,Fla
Just FYI, I know we all do a lot of smoking in the dark.If you dont have one,the next time you see on of those flashlights that you shake to charge,get it.My mother in law gave me one that she got for free. To my suprise it works very well. It does not have a foucesed beam,but if is truly dark outside,it works very well.Now I dont have to worry about leaving it on and running the batteries dead.

Dave, My youngest son gave me a light that clips onto the bill of my ball cap. I was surprized at how well it worked. Where I'm at now I have 2-500 watt flood lights that lights up my patio almost as good Mr. Sun himself :D.

Yepper! Know what ya mean! I was very suprised at the light the LED gives off. I had to use this one this morning because my porch light gave out.They work good in a pinch!

Working in the building trades, I have lots of cordless tools around. Nearly every tool mfgr offers a flashlight. If you have batteries already around, these are a good solution as well.

Although I like the idea of the battery free flashlight a lot. Anyone got a link for where to buy a cheap one?

Scott, I am a home inspector myself, and, like you I know the value of having a good flashlight. Just type "shake light" in your search engine, and a lot of sites will pop up. The one I have does not throw a beam very far, but it was a give away prize, so its not of very good quality. Some of the websites have them from $6.00-40 dollars. I dont really know how the more expensive ones will perform, but the little one is good in a pinch. Its not the only flashlight I would want on my tool box though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky