Smokin HAWG meat on the stick burner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
I've been burning a bunch of Hickory logs this week on the Bayou Classic offset . Letting the Weber Kettle rest for a few days. A couple of days ago I threw on a Boston Butt and a Pork Loin. Rubbed down with my favorite rub, Killer Hogs and a dusting of Killer Hogs all purpose seasoning. Injected both with 2 cups of apple juice and heaping tablespoon of Butcher BBQ pork injection. Rolled the Hickory smoke @250 . Pulled the loin off 150 internal and pulled the Butt @ 200. No wrapping. We were happy with the finished product. Hint of the Hickory. Very tender and juicy. Happy with the bark and smoke ring. I have not smoked any spares lately so today I rummaged through the local meat counter and grabbed one I liked. Again, rubbed down with Killer Hogs all purpose then the Killer Hogs rub. Hickory splits rolling smoke between 235-250. 1 hour in I poured apple juice all over it. Couple of hours later poured Doctor Pepper over it. Later on poured some Tiger Sauce over it then much later slathered on jalapeno pepper jelly with a few pats of butter for good measure. No wrapping. I must say, some of the best I have done in a while. Tender, juicy and a good smoke ring. Enjoy the photos and keep on smokin!!
IMG_5146.jpg

IMG_5149.jpg

IMG_5150.jpg

IMG_5150.jpg

IMG_5151.jpg

IMG_5152.jpg

IMG_5153.jpg

IMG_5154.jpg

IMG_5155.jpg

IMG_5156.jpg

IMG_5158.jpg

IMG_5159.jpg

IMG_5160.jpg

IMG_5161.jpg

IMG_5162.jpg

That's a heaping handful of Boston Butt with sugar free BBQ sauce
IMG_5163.jpg

Diabetic BBQ Sauce. You would never know it was sugar free. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Lot of good looking hawg there!! Man those ribs are so meaty the one shot looks like short ribs. We love GHughes. I’m partial to the original or hickory.

Reactions: Hawging It
Looks mighty fine, that's the sauce we use the most when we want sweet, being diabetic aint for sissys lol

All looks fantastic! But those ribs got me drooling! Nice job all around man. We like the g hughes stuff too. They have some marinades out that I would like to try sometime. Also sweet baby rays has some new ones that are diabetic friendly and really good too.

Man that looks like some good chow. Great job Hawg

Point for sure
Chris

All looks fantastic! But those ribs got me drooling! Nice job all around man. We like the g hughes stuff too. They have some marinades out that I would like to try sometime. Also sweet baby rays has some new ones that are diabetic friendly and really good too.
Yep. Like the baby Rays and Kinders as well. First time using Hughes and I think it is better than the other two

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky