Smokies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nylunds

Original poster
May 30, 2020
We make some cheddar jalapeño smokies and smoked them but things did turn as planned, we set temp at 180 and smoked till internal temp came up to 155 but they didn’t look done and the texture was soft and seem un cooked any suggestions

Welcome to the neighborhood.

I use the all beef Lit'l Smokies, but all varieties are fully cooked so maybe the 180° pit temp didn't give them the right "snap" and an overall good texture.

Here is how I do them, maybe give another try, they are good appetizers. I cut strips of bacon into thirds, and season both sides with pepper, a sprinkle of brown sugar and a sprinkle of cayenne. Wrap the Lit'l Smokies in bacon and secure with a tooth pick. Smoke at 250°+ until the bacon is crisp and the Smokies have plumped up and gotten a deep red. Allow to cool before testing one.... the sugar and bacon grease combined is very hot.... trust me I learned this from experience. The second photo is a close up of the seasonings, it's actually very light.

EABnTkq.jpg
ZoS9Jt6.jpg

Reactions: Winterrider
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky